Memorial Day Must Reads
I have been really diving into books lately…it’s like my teacher self knows my summer self is coming up and wants to get an early start on my reading list. If you are going somewhere sunny or simply relaxing this long Memorial Day Weekend, trust me, any one of these books is totally worth the read. I don’t want to give too much away, but I’ll give you a short explanation why, you decide from there. Happy reading!
- ALL THE UGLY AND WONDERFUL THINGS-BRYN GREENWOOD-This one got me hooked right from the beginning. It has all different perspectives of people throughout the story which I really enjoy and also deals with childhood trauma, something I am always trying to learn about.
- THE GREAT ALONE-KRISTIN HANNAH-This one left me thinking about it long after I finished. It is heart wrenching and wonderful all at the same time. It’s about a tumultuous family relationship that takes shape in Alaska
- THE ORPHANS’ TALE-PAM JENOFF-If you are interested at all in World War II Era books, this one strays from the norm and is very interesting. It is about a traveling circus that harbored Jews during the war.
- PRETTY GIRLS-KARIN SLAUGHTER-This one was intense. I listened to this on audio book otherwise I would have finished it much sooner because I NEEDED to know what happened. It is about two sisters and their drift apart and back together after their sister goes missing.
- THE LIGHT WE LOST-JILL SANTOPOLO-This is another one I could not stop thinking about after I read it. So good. It’s about a couple that keeps finding themselves back together after falling in love when they were young. Who doesn’t love a heart wrenching love story?
- THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW-A.J. FINN-I had to read this one because so many people suggested it. It is definitely a page turner and has a surprising ending which I love. I also find people with agoraphobia extremely interesting, which is something the main person of the book deals with.
- THE WIFE BETWEEN US-GREEN HENDRICKS & SARAH PEKKANEN-This one was also one I often saw suggested so I had to read it. I have to admit it was much better than I anticipated, and another one with surprising plot twists. The title really gives you all the explanation you need.
- BEFORE WE WERE YOURS-LISA WINGATE-This one took me a little bit to get into but once I did I couldn’t put it down. The fact that there were historical truths to it also made it all the more interesting to me. It is basically about a secret group of people that kidnap children unbeknownst to their families.
- MY HUSBAND’S WIFE-JANE CORRY-This one too, page turner, surprising, suspenseful. It intertwines a murderer, newlywed, and young child all in one book. A must read for sure.
I always get overwhelmed with book lists, suggestions, etc. I am pretty picky when it comes to what I am going to read, since I have limited time to read anything other than “teacher” books. These are worth your time. Trust me.