Canon Rebel T3i
So way back when I graduated college I asked for a camera. Not a regular point and shoot, an actual nice camera. Enter the Canon Rebel T3i.
Initially I had dreams of photographing seniors, babies, and brides on weekends while I needed extra cash in college. Well, as happens, life got in the way and I never actually sat down to figure out how to use the thing.
Fast forward to when life slowed down a little bit and my beautiful camera was still waiting in the wings. I finally figured out how to shoot without manual and I invested in a slightly better lens. My subjects got much cuter and I could take pictures of something other than Mack and Nick.
This camera may be a tad outdated (which makes it more affordable) but I still love it as much I did the day I got it. It is awesome for beginners, which I still am, and still so easy to use.
Reasons I love it:
- If you don’t know how to use it at first he manual mode will do just fine.
- There are tons of accessories you can get to use with it. I have this lens, this tripod, this remote, and this strap.
- The screen can rotate out. Hello selfies!
- It is super sturdy! I have dropped this camera multiple times and not a single scratch can be found. This does mean it is a tad heavy, but definitely not anything you can’t handle.
- The battery lasts forever! I rarely have to charge this camera and in a day and age where EVERYTHING always needs to be charged this is a really nice feature.
- You can record video. This has come in handy with Brooks especially when I’ve been taking pictures and all of a sudden he does something really cute-presto video!
- Of course-AMAZING pictures. My mom commented on a picture I took of my nephew right when I got the camera, “Wow you can see every little hair on his face!” You sure can mom.
What I do not like about it:
- I wish it had the ability to upload pictures over wifi. This comes standard in many DSLR cameras these days. I guess that’s just the nature of keeping it for a long time.
- It is big and bulky–as most DSLR cameras are. If you are looking for something sleek and easy to carry around, this is not it.
- As I said above, it is a bit outdated. The screens and functions of a newer Canon Rebel differ a bit. Bigger, better, brighter but still nothing I really care that much about.
Overall, I still love this camera and would buy it again. The proof is in the pictures and being such a rookie I think it says a lot about the camera when they turn out as good as (I think) they do.