5 Podcasts to Listen to Without Your Husband
Way back when Brooks was a tiny baby he would fall asleep in the car. The second that car stopped moving he was wide awake and ready to rock. Since we live in the country there are lots of country roads to drive down and cool hidden areas to check out so I would just drive, and drive, and drive. This got pretty monotonous after three months and after hearing about podcasts here and there from other bloggers I thought I would give it a try. Well, fast forward a year later and I am HOOKED! There are tons of great ones out there but I found a few favorites that definitely cater towards women. I mean I’ve tried to get Nick to listen to them with me and he just doesn’t get it. I’ve found a couple he likes, but my favorite are definitely those that make me laugh, inspire me, and make me feel like one kick ass lady. Here are my top 5.
- The LadyGang-my absolute favorite! It’s three semi-famous women who talk about EVERYTHING girl related from makeup to men to periods to weddings. They also have really cool guests and are currently in a series to “LadyGang Your Life” with different health and beauty coaches. Very girly, very awesome.
- My Favorite Murder-if you like true crime, this is one for you. Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark talk about true crime with lots and lots of comedy mixed in. Not to make light of a serious subject, they do a great job of being funny, and then serious when it is the right time. They make me laugh right out loud, so a win in my book.
- The Longest Shortest Time-this is for all the mamas out there. This one makes me laugh and cry all at the same time. It is just filled with all different stories of parenthood. A big plus is if you get addicted there are TONS of episodes so you have lots of binge time!
- One Bad Mother-This is another one for the mamas. There are so many to listen to so you can totally binge listen. Biz and Theresa make me laugh, made me feel not alone right when I had Brooks, and overall make you feel like you aren’t doing so much mom “failing.”
- By the Book-in this podcast Jolenta Greenberg and Kristen Meinzer take a self-help book, live by it for two weeks, then report out if it is worth your time. I love reading and have come across many self-help books I just don’t have the time (or energy) to read so this was a perfect match for me. If anything, it saves you the time of reading a self-help book that may not be worth it!
There are many more to listen to that I love, but if I had to narrow it down, these 5 are my current faves! I am always on the hunt for more, so stay tuned. Click on any of the links above to listen for yourself.
6. Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe-if you are a Bachelorette fan you will love this one. I just started getting into and love how down to earth and relatable Kaitlyn is. There are many other “Bachelor Nation” podcasts that just fall flat for me. This one does not disappoint, again, it make me laugh right out loud so it’s a win!